The Mechanic reports to the Production Manager and is based out of our Baltimore, Maryland location. This individual will be responsible for maintaining, servicing, and repairing plant equipment. Perform PM's, and complete work orders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains and services mechanical equipment, machinery, and components
- Perform skilled repair services of mechanical, electrical and building systems and equipment
- Conducts periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair
- Identifies parts needed for replacement
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair of switches, cables and other equipment to ensure optimum usage and quality
- Ensure compliance to company requirements
- Completes all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
Three years of mechanic experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in an industrial factory setting.
FREQUENT: upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website