Human Resources Manager
Do you have progressive experience in the human resources field within a manufacturing environment? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment that appreciates your efforts and cares about you as a person? Do you ask yourself what else can I do to help my company succeed without being asked by your manager? If so then Lassonde Pappas in Hendersonville, NC is looking for you!
You might be asking yourself who is Lassonde Pappas and what do they make?
Lassonde Pappas & Co. is an employer of choice, fostering a workplace where there is respect for each person; clear definition of roles and responsibilities; encouragement for the free expression of ideas; and career growth and reward for performance. We actively seek to identify and develop high performing individuals throughout the company. Expanding the capabilities of our people is a key to our strategic objectives. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and very competitive compensation plan.
Do we have your interest yet? If so, we currently have an opening for a Human Resources Manager at our Hendersonville, NC facility. This position reports to the Senior Human Resources Manager and is responsible for partnering with leaders and support the execution of strategic plans, programs and initiatives. The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and activities of the operational human resources function including employee relations, performance management, safety, benefits administration, recruitment and retention, new employee orientation and on-boarding, EEO and new hire reporting, and coordination of company events at the facility.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Hands-on execution of all site HR functions.
· Partner with leaders to help drive business performance using sound HR knowledge in the areas of workforce planning, change management, employee productivity, recruitment and selection, and employee relations.
· Counsel managers and employees consistent with policies/practices, legal considerations, etc. and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Implement and execute employee relations programs/practices that create a positive organizational culture and enable management effectiveness.
· Roll out and drive corporate programs (policies, development, employee engagement, etc.)
· Continuously assess the effectiveness of all human resources programs relative to the achievement of desired goals and outcomes and the overall business plans.
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
· Assist management in the creation of career development plans that foster growth, based on performance reviews, talent reviews, etc.
· Develop, coordinate, and manage training initiatives.
· Coordinate and manage the performance management process at the site.
· Schedule meetings and ensure an HR presence with “off-shift” employees.
· Serve as a strategic partner to the Plant Manager and the leadership team, responsible for ensuring functional alignment with the business' strategies and strategic initiatives.
· Develop and execute a strategic recruitment plan designed to institutionalize the continuous improvement of the business' talent pool.
· Manage and execute the recruitment process; advertising, job descriptions, applicant screening, interview scheduling and reference checks.
· Manage and develop relationships with recruitment agencies.
· Develop, manage and maintain the new employee on-boarding process.
· Maintains the HRIS, payroll systems, time and attendance systems and ensures data integrity.
· Support the corporation's benefits team with the coordination and management of benefit plants; annual open enrollment and issue resolution.
· In conjunction with the site's safety committee, the HR Manger will implement best demonstrated safety practices to mitigate risk, reduce exposure and effectively manage claims.
· Acts as the liaison with worker's compensation insurer to manage all workers compensation claims to closure.
· Supervise and develop staff with the human resources department.
Experience & Skills
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field with five plus (5+) years of progressive HR generalist experience, with two plus (2+) years at the management level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience in the food/beverage industry and/or a fast-paced manufacturing environment
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
· Proven organizational skills
· Must have excellent time management skills
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP, or the ability to obtain certification.
· Ability to direct, coach and train others.
· Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
Lassonde Pappas' goal is to be the nation's premier private brand beverage company. Our customers recognize us for our commitment to product quality, service and innovation. We are dedicated to creating value by providing private-brand beverage solutions for our customers. Our customers include major US Food Retailers, Mass Merchandisers, Specialty Grocery, Club Stores, Dollar Stores, Drug stores and Food Service companies.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply on line at the Lassonde Pappas website careers page:
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apply on company website