The Forklift Operator reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is based out of our Hendersonville, North Carolina location. This individual will be responsible for loading and unloading finished goods, raw materials and ingredients from trailers with the use of a forklift, utilizing our inventory control system (QAD/RF scanning) to capture all movement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load and unload finished goods
- Key duties include checking in the driver, loading the truck with use of BOL and using FIFO method, completing the load, printing the BOL and signing out the driver.
- Tag and properly store finished product from production lines in a safe, efficient and orderly fashion.
- Communicate all shortages to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Use RF scanners to capture all movements and QAD for tag edits.
- Ensure product rotation is occurring, shipping out the oldest product first. Use pick sheets to assist in rotation and report any discrepancies.
- Maintain good quality of the product, including rotation of the product, correct tagging of the product and ensuring product is not damaged in the warehouse. Damaged product should be handled under the clean as you go program.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Must hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year forklift experience in a manufacturing environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: Sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website