The Forklift Operator reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for loading and unloading finished goods, raw materials and ingredients from trailers with the use of a forklift, utilizing our inventory control system (QAD/RF scanning) to capture all movement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities include partnering with the Warehouse Supervisor to:
- Load and unload finished goods
- Key duties include loading the truck with use of BOL and using FIFO method, and completing the load
- Tag and properly store finished product from production lines in a safe, efficient and orderly fashion.
- Communicate all shortages to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Use RF scanners to capture all movements and QAD for tag edits.
- Ensure product rotation is occurring, shipping out the oldest product first. Use pick sheets to assist in rotation and report any discrepancies.
- Maintain good quality of the product, including rotation of the product, correct tagging of the product and ensuring product is not damaged in the warehouse. Damaged product should be handled under the clean as you go program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- One (1) year forklift experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website