The Channel Sales Manager (CSM) II position reports directly to the VP, Sales and will be responsible to drive case volume while maintaining profitability. The individual will be highly involved with the entire Channel team and actively involved in problem solving, organizing information/activities and proactively identifying both issues and opportunities in their day to day duties. Key areas of responsibility include category management, POS reporting, selling tools, retail operations and customer-level supply chain initiatives (forecasting, replenishment).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Directly responsible for driving case volume and profitability with customers in assigned region.
• Responsible to develop and maintain customer relationship while achieving company strategic initiatives and growth targets.
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and CM to understand, align and activate against target
consumer behavior and insights
• Support the Channel VP by tracking and analyzing sales, evaluating progress against plan, recommending corrective action as needed to include line extension and new product introductions in conjunction with Marketing and CM
• Work with CM team to develop a detailed analysis of the competitive set and maintains that as a
tool to help manage the business
• Participate with and support the Channel VP on internal teams as directed
• Keep Channel VP aware of critical timelines and effectiveness of tactical plan execution
• Track profitability of Channel variances to help the VP attain annual and long-range financial objectives
• Work with the Channel Specialist to develop data and documents that allow the VP and
themselves to maximize time spent selling and closing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 5+ year's sales experience, preferably in beverage category.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
• Proven ability to grow business through consultative selling
• Strong negotiation, analytical and influencing skills
• Must have proven business management and broker management experience
• Minimum 40% travel required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Lassonde Pappas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 856-455-1000 for assistance.
Apply on company website