Job Description for: Bulk Receiver
Reports to: Processing Supervisor
Effective Date of Approved Job Description: 02/15/06
Revision Number: New
Replaces Job Description Dated: None
Type of Work
The Bulk Receiver works under the direction of the Plant Superintendent but also interfaces with Supply Chain personnel and Batch Clerks. Employee has a wide range of duties receiving bulk materials and is the primary contact for railroad service and coordinates rail deliveries.
Employee must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to adjust to changes rapidly; attention to detail is crucial in this position.
Essential Duties General
- Works in a safe manner following all PPE requirements.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with others.
- Must be able to read and understand temperature devices.
- Capable of reading and making changes on computer touch screens.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and capable of entering information.
- Has the knowledge and ability to CIP Silo's and lines as needed or dictated by Superintendent.
- Must be trained and capable of working with cleaning agents as needed for CIP system.
- Must be self motivated and proactive.
- Empty and clean large trash carts.
- Must work closely with Quality Control personnel to obtain” inspect ok “for ingredients.
- Must have trouble shooting abilities.
- Must be able to clean the juice totes using the automated tote cleaning system.
- Has the ability to fill- in for the Assistant Batcher as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties that are assigned by the Superintendent or Supervisor.
- Must successfully complete and maintain the Clement Pappas Forklift Certification.
- Properly fills out all required documentation.
- Aware of all safety procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of plant raw material requirements.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must possess strong math and reading skills.
The Physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and bend.
- Regularly required to climb stairs.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers.
- Regularly required to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Regularly required to use small and large tools.
- Must be able to maneuver large hoses as needed.
The work environment characteristics listed below represent conditions one would routinely encounter while performing the duties of this job function.
- Moving machinery parts.
- High noise levels.
- Fluctuations in ambient temperature.
- Handles product safely whose temperature range from 0-degrees and may exceed 150° F while using the proper PPE.
- Safe and proper use of a steam hose is necessary.
- During warmer weather they will be required to work in proximity to bees.
Conditions of Employment
- Must follow Company safety policies as outlined in the Company Safety Manual.
- Adhere to the Company Attendance Policy.
- Will complete tasks assigned by the Superintendent, Batch Clerks and Supply Chain Members.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to work weekends or holidays as needed.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess a full understanding and be in full compliance of all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to general safety rules. General work rules, good manufacturing practices (GMP's), harassment policy, drug and alcohol policy, etc.
Apply on company website