Do you have previous experience as a production supervisor? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment that appreciates your efforts and cares about you as a person? Do you ask yourself what else can I do to help my company succeed without being asked by your manager? If so then Lassonde Pappas in Hendersonville, NC is looking for you!
You might be asking yourself who is Lassonde Pappas and what do they make?
Lassonde Pappas is an employer of choice, fostering a workplace where there is respect for each person; clear definition of roles and responsibilities; encouragement for the free expression of ideas; and career growth and reward for performance. We actively seek to identify and develop high performing individuals throughout the company. Expanding the capabilities of our people is a key to our strategic objectives and is a focus of the leadership of our organization. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and very competitive compensation plan.
Do we have your interest yet? If so we currently have openings in our Blending Department for a Blending Supervisor. The opening is currently on our Second (2PM – 10:30 PM) shift. This position will report to the Blending Manager and will be responsible for leading production associates to meet business objectives and metrics.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supervises the daily operations of the blenders, bulk unloader and stagers including following the basic production scheduling, work assignments, employee supervision, counseling, employee safety and administration of company policies and procedures.
· Prepares written performance evaluations and counsels employees as needed.
· Resolves any employee issues and documents disciplinary actions and performance recognition on all employees in the area.
· Trains all blending employees to include blending of all types of products produced. Conducts training for employees (new and tenured employees) on proper use of equipment and department procedures. Monitors, assess and makes modifications to training based on individual employee training needs. Observes employee performance to ensure they follow established standards and procedures.
· Obtain production schedule, review schedule requirements and communicate work schedule and goals to department.
· Monitors production status, including speeds to ensure lines are not waiting on juice. Verifies all production is within established standards. Receives and resolves operational problems for area. Supervises daily setup of machinery and equipment prior to start-up for efficient and effective operation. Performs as backup for any position.
· Determines the order of processing based on the production schedule and product availability.
· Resolves all errors related to batches. Assure all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instruction.
· Checks data entry into QAD, RF Scanning, and batch masters.
Experience & Skills
· Demonstrate a high level of ownership and follow through in previous roles.
· Demonstrate the See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It methodology in thinking and actions. Builds a culture of engagement.
· Adapts to change in the work environment; manages competing priorities and demands.
· Writes clearly and communicates effectively; able to read and interpret written information and numerical data.
· Two or more years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment; One year of Production Supervisor experience preferred.
· Mechanical experience/background preferred.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required; College degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
· Must have experience using a PC and business information systems/software.
This is a front-line role, working closely with associates troubleshooting, operating and improving processes and equipment.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
Lassonde Pappas' goal is to be the nation's premier private brand beverage company. Our customers recognize us for our commitment to product quality, service and innovation. We are dedicated to creating value by providing private-brand fruit and beverage solutions. Our customers include major US Food Retailers, Mass Merchandisers, Specialty Grocery, Club Stores, Dollar Stores, Drug stores and Food Service companies.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply on line at the Lassonde Pappas' website careers page: http://lassondepappas.com/our-people/grow-your-career/
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apply on company website