The Assistant Batcher works at the direction of the Processing Supervisor, Line Supervisor or Shift Superintendent to ensure that all ingredients are staged at the cook deck in advance of the batching process. This individual is responsible for accurately weighing or measuring all ingredients per formulation that are pumped up directly into the batch tanks from the pump-up stations, as well as, effectively utilizing the cut tanks for staging high usage concentrates.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to follow the batching schedule and adjust accordingly to “add ons”.
- Using the cook deck inventory report, locate and stage all required ingredients at the designated cook deck in advance of the batching process.
- Work with the batcher to determine which ingredients will be pumped, pulled from cut tanks or added directly to the batch tanks from the cook deck platform.
- Follow proper silo rotation at all times, unless directed otherwise.
- Complete silo hook ups in advance of the batching process and pull silo samples for testing.
- Accurately weigh or measure all ingredients to be pumped up.
- Perform mathematical conversions of volume to weight and weight to volume as required.
- Calculate the amount and type of bulk concentrates or flavors required and make effective use of the cut tanks.
- Determine any blending requirements and execute the blend plan.
- Adhere to the organic protocol when batching organic products.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely, accurate, complete and legible manner including lot numbers used. Paperwork is required for each formula work order.
- Communicate any ingredient availability or ingredient quality issues immediately to the Processing Supervisor or Shift Superintendent.
- Properly clean and seal all ingredient containers prior to returning to the proper ingredient storage areas.
- Demonstrate proper operation of a forklift, following all safety rules.
- Maintain clean work area, including tanks, floor, pumps, hoses, utensils and tools following all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean and organized cooler and dry ingredient storage area at all times with no open or soiled containers.
- Adhere to all food safety policies and procedures including but not limited to prevention of cross contamination and product adulteration.
- Perform any other duties that are assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification.
- Six months manufacturing experience.
- Must be proficient in mathematics.
Additional Preferred Qualification
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to train others as needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website