DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. Benefits: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The Palliative Care Nurse Coordinator is responsible for development and implementation of a palliative care program. This position will incorporate the understanding of palliative care philosophy and practice into the role of coordinating the care for palliative care patients. The Palliative Care Nurse Coordinator will provide guidance, support, and education to healthcare team members in the overall delivery of services related to palliative care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Clinical responsibilities:
- A palliative plan of care shall be established for all palliative care patients based upon assessments, patient care standards, and patient/family preferences; and shall take into consideration the spiritual, psycho-social, cultural and religious preferences of the patient and family when participating in care.
- Consults and collaborates with healthcare team members to develop the plan of care and palliative care recommendations.
- Ensures consistent, complete, thorough and legible nursing documentation which includes the outcome of communication, assessment and plan of care for patient.
- Reviews physician orders pertinent to palliative care. Orders are written and/or entered in EMR accurately to include date, time and physician authentication. Accepts only physician's verbal or telephone orders in accordance with practice guidelines and hospital policy.
- Ensures accurate, timely communication to nursing and/or physician with any changes to the plan of care and/or changes in the patient condition or status as appropriate.
- If necessary, provides basic life support (CPR) in collaboration with the healthcare team and in compliance with hospital policy.
- Considers specific patient population issues in the education of and communication with patients.
- Provides training and continuing education for staff on issues related to palliative care at least twice per year.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians, staff, and patients and promotes excellence in care through education, mentoring and collaboration.
- Assists in the development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative care improvements and initiatives
- Serve as the coordinator for the palliative care team
- Assist in all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals
- Serves as a member of the Hospital Clinical Ethics Committee and other committees as assigned
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and documents to support accuracy, quality measures, and best practice in palliative care
- Provides palliative care data (number of consults, referrals, conversion to hospice, changes in level of care, etc.) to demonstrate program success and/or opportunities
- Texas Registered Nurse licensure or Compact State Registered Nurse licensure
- RN Diploma, or ADN, or BSN
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing with proven experience in leadership, education, team building, program development, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website