The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.Job Description
Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.
The Tunnel Project Engineer provides engineering services to a large project requiring more complicated engineering tasks or multiple engineers or surveyors. Supervises project engineers, field engineers or surveyors and provides technical and administrative direction as well as employee development. May direct operations personnel on particular phase/task of project as required and/or assigned.
- Coordinate/manage design firms as required (design-build)
- Study design change alternates (design-build) or value engineering options (bid-build)
- Supervise all project engineering
- Assist with management of project resource availability/efficiency
- Project decision making/leadership in absence of Project Manager
- Coach and develop staff
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Must have prior Heavy/Highway experience on projects over $100 Million
- Minimum 8 years of project engineer experience in tunnel construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes.
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website