SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Recreation Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Recreation Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
- The Recreation Therapist coordinates and implements therapeutic activities for patients on the unit.
- Provides Therapeutic Recreational services to an adult/geriatric population (ages 55 and older) suffering from mental or cognitive disorders.
- Provides care according to national therapeutic recreation standards and all unit and hospital guidelines.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary treatment process as well as the weekly treatment team meeting.
- Develop treatment plan to meet needs of patient, based on a needs assessment, patient interests and objectives of therapy.
- Confer with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
- Conduct therapy sessions to improve patients' mental and physical well-being.
- Plan, organize, direct and participate in treatment programs and activities to facilitate patients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community and prevent further medical problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Recreation Therapy or other various creative therapies and Board Certification in the appropriate therapy.
- One year previous experience with psychiatric patients delivering activity therapies.
- Current BLS Certification
- CPI Certification
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist (CTRS) unless degreed in Recreation Therapy.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital providing inpatient and outpatient healthcare services to St. Tammany Parish residents since 1977. Our 167 bed, state-of-the-art facility provides the most advanced, medical and surgical technologies available, along with personalized patient and family-based care in a safe, suburban community.
We believe these well-defined values are the keys to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Recreation Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website