Software Test Engineer, Holtsville, New York, 11742 (ONSITE POSITION-Local Candidate required and if NJ you will need to relocate at own expense if interested in this role to the Holtsville area.)
Kelly Services is seeking a Software Test Engineer for one of our top clients in Holtsville, NY
Length: 04/12/2021 to 01/11/2022 (Contract W2)
Type: Contract W2—There is no “per diem” with this position. There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs. NO C2C, at this time we are not in the position to offer any type of sponsorships or VISA transfers for this position.
Pay Rate: $28.00/hr. (W2) –NEW GRAD PAY RATE (RATES will be DIFFERENT for 1-2 years' experience and 3+ w/Dev experience)
Shift: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Interview: IN PERSON
This test engineer is responsible for creating and modifying Polarion screens, functions, and user
workflows for use by DCS T&V group.
- Responsibilities include converting manual test plans into the Polarion system and documenting test results which might include automation and/or exploratory tests.
- Responsible for testing and validating embedded software in bar code scanners prior to production release.
- Will work hand in hand with senior software test lead and follow his/her direction. Most of the work is manual testing with some minimal automated testing while using a test mgt tool.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer Science and Technical Engineering Degrees
- Successful candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills along with strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture and natural curiosity for testing and finding issues.
- Python programming experience
- Experience on Windows Win7 and later with Linux as optional
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel – very important
- Knowledge of software life cycle is a plus.
- Must be task oriented and focused, with attention to detail accuracy. Must be reliable with excellent
- Interpersonal, coordination and verbal/written communication skills
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website