Substitute Teacher openings for the Hannibal Public School District, offering a flexible schedule (no nights or weekends) and the reward of contributing to community youth! Ideal candidates will possess: the ability to adhere to policies, promote a structured environment, remain calm and think clearly in a variety of circumstances, and work well with a diverse student population. Training is provided and no prior experience required.
Provide instruction for scheduled lessons, manage the classroom environment and promote student learning in the absence of the regular District/School classroom teacher. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assume duties of the regular District/School classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by District/School principal.
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate.
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the School/District lesson plan.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly.
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the School/District lesson plans.
- Seek assistance from a neighboring District/School teacher or a building administrator, if serious or disruptive student behavior problems occur.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain and/or assist in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, District/School, state, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 60 college credit hours (education background not required) and a valid Substitute Teacher Certificate
- Free, online pre-employment training on classroom management skills to prepare you for work in the classroom
- Year-end bonus up to 2% of earned income at the end of school based on total hours worked
- Insurance coverage options through a third party provider as well as compliance with ACA eligibility requirements
- Professional development training through the online Kelly Learning Center portal
- ...and much more
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website