Substitute Food Service Worker, West Feliciana Parish
Nutrition and food service workers are essential to local schools and student learning. Start a great job that allows you to give kids a healthy start to their day!
Why become a substitute food service worker?
- Ensure kids receive nutritious meals to help them move, think, and learn.
- Feel good about the work you do, and service you provide, to kids in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance.
In the absence of a full-time food service worker, the Kelly Education substitute food service worker assists in providing food service preparation and services to students, along with other related kitchen duties, under the direction and supervision of the school district's full-time professional staff.
- Assist with prep work and cooking of nutritionally balanced meals.
- Properly weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Carry pots, pans, utensils, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator, in accordance with school district safety standards.
- Follow all proper food safety and storage rules.
- Operate all mechanical kitchen equipment correctly and safely.
- Clean work areas, equipment, and utensils, and follow all established sanitation procedures.
- Serve students in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Assist with money and meal accountability.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the school district personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute food service worker:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
1. Apply now!
2. If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response, via email, to your application within 24 – 48 business hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position. Please make sure to check your Junk/Spam folders for these communications!
3. Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We're always looking for more role models!
*For convenient communication, opt-in to receive SMS Text upon applying
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website