Store Clerk - Retail/Grocery
One of the leading retail / grocery stores all across the US has partnered with Kelly Services to find the top talents in the market. We are needing retail store clerks - cashiers / merchandisers / stockers for various locations all across the Houston area. Pay starts at $13 hourly and schedule is from 9 AM to 9 PM (you have to be open to working both 1st and 2nd shifts including weekends - this is rotating and you will be assigned to cover for other team mates). The company offers great benefits upon hire!
Note that as a store clerk - you will be working all around the store, from stocking dry goods, drinks, cold / refrigerated to frozen items, produce, canned goods etc. You have to be able to stock and organize shelves, perform store clean up, as well as provide excellent customer service and operate the cash register. This is an all-around store associate position, so you have to be prepared to jump where help is needed.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
- Experience with an electric pallet jack highly preferred.
Retail Store Clerk must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- at least 2 years of retail experience as a stocker / merchanidiser / cashier.
- ability to stock merchandise from store receiving area to shelving.
- place products weighing up to 50 pounds on shelving at various heights.
- regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry (up to 50 pounds), stoop and walk about the store for up to 8+ hr-shifts.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employee
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
Transportation spending accounts
This is an immediate-fill, temporary position! Only candidates with related and recent experience as RETAIL STORE CLERK - CASHIER / MERCHANDISER / STOCKER will be contacted for an interview. RESUME IS REQUIRED.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website