Process Engineer Biological Process Development, Marina Del Rey / Los Angeles, CA
Position Summary: The Process Engineer will support process development and manufacturing by identifying, procuring, and implementing manufacturing equipment required to produce bacteriophage drug products. Additionally, the Process Engineer will lead initiatives to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, recommend, and coordinate implementation of process equipment utilized in both upstream fermentation and downstream purification of bacteriophage drug products
- Write and coordinate execution of installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ), and performance qualification (PQ) protocols
- Support the technology transfer of manufacturing processes from Product Development to GMP manufacturing
- Lead efforts to optimize or troubleshoot process equipment or equipment operating procedures
- Draft operating and maintenance procedures for process equipment
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and unscheduled repair of process equipment
- Mange third party vendors and service providers
- Identify, procure, and maintain inventory of critical spare parts
- Understand and comply with company standard operating procedures and safety procedures
- Read and understand scientific language, literature and publications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with 3-5 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing or biotechnology process engineering experience
- Experience in bacterial fermentation or cell culture process development
- Familiarity with protein/virus purification techniques (Tangential Flow Filtration, FPLC)
- Familiarity with a variety of pharmaceutical process equipment such as autoclaves, lyophilizers, and spray dryers
- Experience in working with aseptic processes in a GMP environment
- Familiarly with project management tools and experience is contributing effectively in cross function project teams
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting equipment and implementing process improvements
- Excellent English communication and reading/writing skills
- Must be reliable, organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team-player and able to work well in small groups and independently
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory and GMP manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little travel required of this position with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
APPY TODAY! Questions? Contact Kevin at email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website