Microbiologist - Anaheim, CA
Responsible for performing microbiological testing and release of incoming materials and finished products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs microbial testing of raw materials and finished products, and updates lab reports ·
• Develops, modifies, and maintains appropriate SOPs and test methods for the Microbiology Laboratory ·
• Utilize, maintains, and troubleshoots microbiological instrumentation such as microscope, autoclave, incubators, refrigerators, freezers, biological safety cabinet, and microbiological incubation system ·
• Maintains all equipment in the Microbiology Laboratory including scheduled maintenance, calibration, daily checks, etc. ·
• Performs and document laboratory investigations as necessary ·
• Performs weekly microbial testing of the DI water system ·
• Prepares broth for MLT analysis and perform associated testing including Growth Promotion Test ·
• Maintains cleanliness of the Microbiology Laboratory ·
• Schedules pick up of hazardous waste as needed ·
• Assists in validation/verification efforts ·
• Assists in the preparation for audits/inspections ·
• Performs environmental monitoring of the warehouse, manufacturing and retention areas ·
• Manages and maintains the chart recorders ·
• Manages product retains program for raw materials and finished products ·
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management ·
• Maintain inventory stock of media Work
• Experience with 3M Petrifilm is preferred as that's what they used for majority of testing
• Minimum of 2 years of microbiology lab experience in a cGMP regulated environment · Working knowledge of aseptic technique and microbiology principles ·
• Experience with media preparation, growth promotion, Microbial Limits Testing, Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing and water testing ·
• Good interpersonal skills ·
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment ·
• Ability to follow instructions ·
• Good attendance and punctuality ·
• Ability to work well under pressure ·
• Ability to read, write, and speak English ·
• General proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook ·
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must have Bachelor's degree in science or related discipline. Degree in Microbiology preferred,
- Associates degree and HS diploma minimum requirement. Work experience can be in lieu of Degree.
For immediate consideration apply today!
Questions? Please reach out to Dustin at DUSG877@kellyservices.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website