Industrial Maintenance Technician Claxton, GA Direct Hire Permanent Placement
5 days on, 3 days off
7:00 am – 4:00 pm
12:00pm -9:00 pm
Compensation: $25 -$30 HR
Annual salary: $52,000 – $62,400
- Test, inspect, repair, troubleshoot and re-assemble basic plant equipment, components, and systems including but not limited to overhead bridge cranes, hoists, gear boxes, forklifts, company vehicles, pneumatic and mechanical systems, power transmission components, combustion engines, boiler systems, and electrical and hydraulic systems
- Perform basic electrical work, and assist in highly skilled electrical work
- Fabricate fixtures using welding, cutting, brazing, and surface hardening applications
- Responsible for working with small hand tools including tape measures, micrometers, saws, drills, riveters, and nail guns and maintaining tools and equipment
- Complete record logs including labor, repairs made, equipment, and use of materials on the computer
- Ability to fabricate and repair metal structures and components
- Operate gauging equipment including tape measures, micrometers, and dial calipers
- Responsible for reading basic blueprints
Important Details about the Role
- Knowledgeable with plant equipment
- Knowledgeable with basic testing, troubleshooting, disassembly, inspecting, precise measuring, repair and re-assembly of all plant equipment and components with limited instruction
- Identify and report equipment abnormalities and safety hazards
- Must be company tested and authorized to operate a forklift
- (5) years of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High awareness for safety with the ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 30 pounds
- Ability to be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection
- Ability to spend 75% of workday standing or walking, 10% bending or kneeling, 10% stooping, and 5% climbing
- Climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms , bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website