Ready to get back to work, safely? Now's the time to join the Kelly® Professional & Industrial team as a Machine Operator in Allentown, PA
**HOT JOB**WILL NOW ACCEPT RESUMES WITH ECM, EDM, and CNC OPERATING EXPERIENCE**HOT JOB**
A GE Power Company specializing in cooling technology that helps the turbine function more efficiently!
Shift- SECOND SHIFT 2pm - 10pm
Location- Allentown, PA
Must possess the following skills and attributions:
• CNC Machine Operation Experience or Manual Machine tool operation (lathes, grinders, milling machines)
• Experience with precision measuring devices and ability to describe their use; will be asked to measure something!
• Stable employment history (no job skipping, minimal gaps)
• Come prepared, presentable and show up on time
• Set-up and operate CNC and/or EDM machines to perform machining operations, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings, and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
• Study work instructions (mechanical drawings) and set-up instructions to determine machining required, dimensional specifications, work procedures and methods. Determine tool lengths, maintain tool change list and program measuring adjustments.
• Install work holding devices such as blocks and tooling on table of machine using hand tools. Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
• Select and install tooling, place electrodes in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
• Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift.
• Inspect first-run piece, maintain measured dimension list. Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using micrometer and precision dial gauges.
• Notify supervisor if machined first piece does not conform to specifications or of machine malfunction. Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice. Troubleshoot production problems.
• Troubleshoot production, machine and quality problems.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Minimum of one-year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent (equivalent being Medtronic's tech school grad or similar program)
• Basic mechanical skills needed
• Proficient shop math skills
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 30 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses and safety shoes (also provide ear plugs, gloves, gowns and uniform)
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
• Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• Has strong ethical stands and integrity
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
• Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
• Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Has a strong belief in a GE Power business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing
What happens next:
Once you apply, you'll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don't worry—even if this position doesn't work out, you're still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more. Helping you discover what's next in your career is what we're all about, so let's get to work. Apply today!
Please note - these positions are being recruited for by a virtual Kelly recruiter, not your local branch office. You can apply directly to this posting (PLEASE INCLUDE AN UPDATED RESUME) or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the job and its location in your email.
Or call/text Jana @ 678-528-0777
#LSIM2021 #TJP2021 #TJP2021_PNI
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website