- High school graduate or equivalent work experience in customer service and/or medical office; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of acute care, ambulatory care, or surgical center setting preferred.
- Proven record of dealing with the public in a customer service role. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Proven knowledge of insurance billing, admitting, or registration experience in a hospital or medical office preferred. Familiarity with word processing, Microsoft Outlook, GE Centricity Business, Cerner, PBAR, scheduling systems, and navigate the intranet, interpret on-line queries.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
As a part of the Ambulatory Care Services Float Team, provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum patient satisfaction and clinic operation. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate multiple appointments with many multi-specialty clinical services. Participate in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, from customer service, message distribution, procedure scheduling, encounter registration, and referrals management. Must be highly flexible, enthusiastic, have a proactive approach, work efficiently under pressure and work efficiently in a team environment. Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology. In depth knowledge of major insurance plans and types of coverage provided, including government health programs. Must be willing to travel throughout the Keck Medicine of USC Community (on campus, satellite practices to cover practice integrations, vacations, illnesses, holidays, and leave of absences. Hours may vary depending on assignments. Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website