IOWA SELECT FARMS -- JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: CDL Driver
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
PREPARATION DATE: 01/01/04
Revision Date: 9/17/18
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Transporting pigs within our production flow while strictly following animal wellbeing, biosecurity and safety protocols at all times.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Use proper animal handling equipment including but not limited to sort panel, rattle paddle, razz can, etc.
· Maintain the health of our pigs during transportation.
· Maintain transportation log reports daily.
· Gate incoming pigs into the trailer.
· Unloading pigs from trailer.
· Complete all required documentation.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on welfare of animals, not personal issues.
· Attendance is crucial. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to drive by the start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
· All other activities assigned by supervisor
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: Must have a valid Class A CDL license
Qualifications: Must have a clean driving record. Previous driving experience is preferred, but not required.
This person must be a self-starter, highly motivated, detail oriented, able to follow directions and complete tasks effectively. Thus, they must have initiative, organization, and dependability. Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and to climb over gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
This position requires the employee to work closely with managers, supervisors, production staff, and other employees, so teamwork and effective communication skills are very important. Direct contact with animals will occur, so good stockmanship and bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Apply on company website