Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Technician to join our Building and Construction team. Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This position is responsible for performing testing and inspections at building sites.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Take full responsibility for assigned projects
- Manage all assigned jobs through Oasis (proposals, job progress, job notifications, invoicing, documentation of test data, reporting, job closure)
- Review and thoroughly understand contract requirements, and obtain authorization for and document any deviations
- Coordinate testing and inspections schedule with equipment schedule and other department testing
- Check calibration status of test equipment prior to testing. Read and be familiar with standard.
- Analyse test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
- Communicate with clients regarding test preparation, procedures, and results
- Assist department admin in invoicing for all assigned projects
- Learn test standards and test procedures (e.g., AAMA, ASTM, NFPA, etc.)
- Maintain tools and equipment; inventory supplies; maintain cleanliness of work area
- Assist in the sales and marketing of testing services to new and potential clients
- Perform other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Degree in a technical field desired, or equivalent related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Must be technically competent to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results and possess a mechanical aptitude
- Must be familiar with Quality Assurance policies and procedures which relate to the control, storage, and disposition of test specimens
- General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
- Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
- Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Good computer skills using Word and Excel, and AutoCAD if applicable
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Must have valid drivers license.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide.
people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website