Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This position is responsible for providing technical support for engineering staff, including performing duties related to testing building products.
- Set up test apparatus
- Operate equipment
- Maintain equipment and facilities
- Preparie test samples
- Obtain and record test data in accordance with standards
- Perform basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
- May extract and compile engineering data
- May prepare project files for compliance with operating procedures
- May make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards
- May communicate with clients and management
- Operate a forklift
- Perform other work as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years preferred related experience
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Physical dexterity to execute precise tasks using delicate materials and equipment
- Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
- Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website