Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technician will support the Building and Construction business by assisting with Performance Verification Testing and Inspection services for building enclosures, as well as assisting with investigation and forensic services, and Property Condition Assessments. We're looking for a detail oriented, self-motivated, individual with the ability to work independently and solve challenges as they arise to join our team.
- Assist with field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements.
- Assist with construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits.
- Assist with/perform forensic investigations and documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements.
- Prepare professionally written technical reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic carpentry skills and ability to safely operate power tools
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Technical understanding of building enclosure systems
- Field experience with diverse building types.
- Investigation of existing walls for leaks and other performance issues
- Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and water infiltration and mock up testing
- Safety Training/Scaffold Certification
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website