Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technician will support the Building and Construction business by assisting with field testing and building inspections. We're looking for entry level and/or experienced technicians; on the job training is provided. This position provides opportunity for growth and development with the department and company. Company provided vehicles. This job requires travel most weeks Monday through Friday.
· Field testing projects and building inspections as assigned
· Forensic investigations of building envelope failures
· Communicate with clients and project team regarding site observations, test preparation, procedures, results, and reporting matters Prepare and submit accurate and concise reports on all projects assigned
· Provide project coordination including planning, scheduling, execution and reporting Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
· Expected to travel based on the needs of the business Ability to perform physical work relevant to areas of responsibility and as assigned
High school diploma or GED, Associate degree in a technical field preferred
Construction experience preferred (general knowledge of basic construction and carpentry skills)
· Ability to learn the building envelope including wall cladding systems, curtain wall, window and door systems, waterproofing, roofing, etc. and their installation means and methods
· Working knowledge of test methods and standards associated with testing of these systems or the ability to learn and comprehend these standards
· Aptitude for working independently on assigned projects
· Technical competency and ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers, both in writing and orally
· Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients and subcontractors
· Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities and strict deadlines
· Effective communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients, designers, contractors, etc
· Good computer skills – Microsoft Office & Outlook
· Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, roof levels, etc
· Ability to routinely lift a minimum of 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, bend, crawl, push and pull as needed
· Willingness to travel 75% of the time or more
· Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website