Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Simulation Technician, will support the Building and Construction business by performing thermal computer simulations on a variety of fenestration (windows and doors) products. This is an entry level, hands-on position that requires computer-oriented focus in a team environment. On-the-job training provided and excellent opportunities for growth offered. We're looking for an individual who can perform tasks with limited supervision while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity all with a keen eye and attention to detail.
· Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies while providing exceptional customer service
Perform compliant computer simulations following all associated standards and methods
· Self-manage all assigned jobs through internal job network (test dates, invoicing, etc.)
· Analyse test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
· Communicate with clients regarding scheduling, procedures, and results
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results and possess a mechanical aptitude
- General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
- Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
- Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Good computer skills using Word and Excel, and AutoCAD if applicable
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Valid Drivers' License and acceptable driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website