Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technician will support the Building and Construction business by
performing steel chamber constructions, standard testing and evaluation on a variety of products and for preparing technical reports. This position works under general supervision.
We're looking for a detail oriented individual that will communicate with clients and project team regarding site observations, test preparation, procedures, results, and reporting matters
· Prepare and submit accurate and concise reports on all projects assigned
· Provide project coordination including planning, scheduling, execution and reporting
· Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
· High School Diploma or GED, Associate degree in a technical field preferred
· Welding experience is desired but not required
· Aptitude for working independently on assigned projects
· Technically competent and able to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers, both in writing and orally
· Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients and subcontractors
· Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities and strict deadlines
· Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients, designers, contractors, etc.
· Good computer skills – Microsoft Office & Outlook
· Ability to routinely lift a minimum of 50 pounds
· Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website