Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Construction Technician I will support the Building and Construction business by performing general construction of large scale test assemblies per standard methods or procedures.Duties:
- Construction and demolition of test assemblies
- Small, intermediate, and large-scale specimen preparation
- Assist with client product installation (when needed)
- Read, understand, and interpret client and manager provided installation drawings and procedures
- Work with the Project Manager, technicians, and clients to ensure the preparation of all project details are complete to satisfaction
- Implement ideas and execute practices to ensure safety, reliability, improved quality, reduce cost, and comply with company policies
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in building construction
- General construction experience desired
- Proficiency in interpreting construction plans and installation instructions
- Ability to follow direction and work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull (infrequently) up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend down, climb ladders, reach over-head and work at heights up to 40 feet
- Ability to pass pre-employment check
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be quality driven and customer focused.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website