Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team.
1. General Description of Responsibilities
- The Technical Analyst will be responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of building and plumbing products and for preparing technical reports.
2. Specific Responsibilities
- Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Setting up test apparatus.
- Operating equipment.
- Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards.
- Analyzing test data and performing routing calculations.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Extracting and compiling engineering data.
- Preparing project files for compliance with operating procedures.
- Making recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards.
- Communicating with clients and management.
- Providing training and work instructions to lower level technicians.
- May oversee the work of lower level technicians.
- Performing other work as required.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. Supervision Exercised
- The Technical Analyst normally has no personnel responsibility or authority.
4. Supervision Received
- The Technical Analyst reports to the Director.
5. Education and Experience Requirements
- College diploma or equivalent in Mechanical/Civil Technology.
- 1-2 years directly related experience.
6. Core Competencies
- The candidate should be mechanically inclined, comfortable working with their hands and have machine shop skills.
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools.
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Strong communication skills and computer skills.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, RRSP plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to disability, race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
Apply on company website