Senior Project Manager
Intertek is searching for an Senior Project Manager to join our Building & Construction team in our Farmington Hills, MI office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Building Sciences!
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for management of project teams, mentoring of junior team members, maintenance of client and project team relationships, management of safety and responsibility for client deliverables, including technical content. A senior project manager must maintain professional relationships and involvement in their field of technical expertise through professional associations, committee work, and industry involvement.
What you'll do:
- Develop business and clients in the local area and assisting with national, larger pursuits outside of the local area.
- Grow the local BSS office by balancing staff workloads and bringing in new work such that staff are adequately utilized
- Hire and train new building sciences team members.
- Provide new design consulting and peer reviews of plans and specifications for building enclosures
- Perform review of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
- Perform field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements.
- Provide construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits.
- Perform forensic investigations, documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements.
- Provide remediation design of building enclosures.
- Assisting in meeting profit center financial goals.
- Assist Regional manager in profit center financials (e.g. forecasting)
- Provide support as the primary client contact for projects and develop client relationships
- Prepare professionally written technical reports for design and construction phase services
- Litigation support for projects involving all of the issues discussed above
- Develop the scope of services and prepare proposals
- Assemble and manage project teams
- Provide on-the-job training and mentoring
- Participation in professional organizations, author papers, attend conferences, and/or perform work on technical committees
- Contribute positively to team morale
- Contribute to the servant leadership mode
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Architectural Engineering – preferred
- 10 - 15 years of industry experience - preferred
- Professional registration or ability to obtain registration within one year, preferred
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Technical understanding of building enclosure systems
- Experience in managing a range of small to large projects
- Management Experience
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to nurture client relationships
- Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Active in professional organization(s)
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Participation/leadership in national associations is a plus
- Field experience with diverse building types
- Air barriers
- Safety Training/Scaffold Certification
- Building enclosure testing
- Property / façade condition assessments
- AutoCad/Revit/BIM/Sketch-up proficiency
- Interest in taking a leadership role within the organization
- Interest/strength in business development
- Intertest in leading a team and growing their own business
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website