Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Building Science Solutions (BSS) Group within Intertek's Building and Construction is recruiting a Senior Project Manager. The ideal candidate for this Senior Project Management position will have a solid background and interest in building enclosure consulting for new design, construction and/or diagnosis of existing building enclosures. They should also have an interest in leading project teams, developing a client base, building the local BSS team, and contributing technically to our overall, international, BSS team.
A senior project manager has full responsibilities of the project including management of project teams, mentoring of junior team members, maintenance of client and project team relationships, management of safety and responsibility for client deliverables, including technical content. A senior project manager must maintain professional relationships and involvement in their field of technical expertise through professional associations, committee work, and industry involvement.
- Develop business and clients in the local area and assisting with national, larger pursuits outside of the local area.
- Grow the local BSS office by balancing staff workloads and bringing in new work such that staff are adequately utilized
- Hire and train new building sciences team members.
- Provide new design consulting and peer reviews of plans and specifications for building enclosures
- Perform review of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
- Perform field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements.
- Provide construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits.
- Perform forensic investigations, documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements.
- Provide remediation design of building enclosures.
- Assisting in meeting profit center financial goals.
- Assist Regional manager in profit center financials (e.g. forecasting)
- Provide support as the primary client contact for projects and develop client relationships
- Prepare professionally written technical reports for design and construction phase services
- Litigation support for projects involving all of the issues discussed above
- Develop the scope of services and prepare proposals
- Assemble and manage project teams
- Provide on-the-job training and mentoring
- Participation in professional organizations, author papers, attend conferences, and/or perform work on technical committees
- Contribute positively to team morale
- Contribute to the servant leadership model
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Architectural Engineering plus 10 - 15 years of industry experience, preferred
- Professional registration or ability to obtain registration within one year, preferred
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Technical understanding of building enclosure systems
- Experience in managing a range of small to large projects
- Management Experience
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to nurture client relationships
- Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Active in professional organization(s)
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Participation/leadership in national associations is a plus
- Field experience with diverse building types
- Air barriers
- Safety Training/Scaffold Certification
- Computer modeling (e.g. energy modeling)
- Building enclosure testing
- Property / façade condition assessments
- Experience in difficult access/industrial rope access/rock climbing
- AutoCad/Revit/BIM/Sketch-up proficiency
- Interest in taking a leadership role within the organization
- Interest/strength in business development
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website