Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Connected World team focuses on cyber security, software testing, and assurance services for network-enabled devices, such as computers, tablets, mobile devices, apps, software and wireless and connected products. The team provides services to help bring cutting-edge technology to market quickly with assurance of safety/security, quality, and performance.
Acumen Security, an Intertek Company, is a full-service security certification provider offering Consulting, Documentation Development and Laboratory Services designed to assist in certifying commercial products against regulatory cyber security standards. Our goal is to not only assist our clients in certifying their products, but to provide a seamless and cost-effective way while maintaining the integrity of the certification efforts. While adhering to industry standards, Acumen Security works effectively and efficiently to maximize our clients' Return on Investment.
- As a Security Test Engineer, you will support the Connected World business by performing manual and automated testing across a wide variety of products against the Common Criteria and/or FIPS 140 security standards.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in product functional testing and/or product functional test development and will have an opportunity to rapidly gain experience with wide spectrum of security products and technologies.
- The selected candidate will perform testing to verify conformance to the Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2 standards. Typical testing activities include,
o Functional requirements analysis. Typical functional requirement categories include
secureUI/administration, network protocol conformance, and digital certificate
o Test case/scenario creation.
o Product and supporting infrastructure set-up.
o Test execution.
o Test output collection.
o Test report creation.
o Support and troubleshoot various test beds for multiple product vendors.
- Understanding of networking technology and computing systems.
- Experience with configuration of networking equipment such as routers, switches and optical/electrical interconnect systems.
- Experience in product functional testing and/or product functional test development.
- Understanding of security related protocols and their usage (e.g., TLS, SSH, IPsec, etc.).
- Familiarity with Linux or other *NIX OS.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) skills and analytical skills.
- Experience with OpenSSL, OpenSSH, Apache, Tomcat, GNUPG.
- Experience with Cisco IOS and/or Juniper JUNOS OS.
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms such as AES, RSA, SHA, HMAC, ECC, etc.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, other related fields, or equivalent experience.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website