Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits, and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
The Scheduler will support the Business Assurance business line by organizing and coordinating the daily scheduling of audits between clients and auditing staff, and assigning qualified auditors per industry requirements. Planning and flexibility with both clients and auditing staff schedules are a must for daily and monthly forecasting.
This will be a full-time position located at our office Kentwood, MI.
- Daily scheduling of both existing and new clients.
- Schedule clients with qualified auditing personnel using judgment based on logistics, financial impact, and time.
- Daily telephone and email interaction with clients, auditors, and staff.
- Able to handle a high volume of communication and requests from clients and staff.
- Track and analyze issues related to scheduling activities.
- Prepare assignment and confirmation letters to clients and auditors.
- Coordinate and arrange future monthly audits based on industry requirements and client needs to maximize resources.
- Provide regular communication to future audits with client specific request of auditors
- High School Diploma required. Associate's Degree or higher college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in customer service working directly with customers and office staff.
- Ability to interact with clients and staff.
- Technical willingness (will be educated on industry requirements).
- Knowledge of Quality Management System principles preferred (will be educated on QMS principles).
- Proven attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous clients, sales, and related tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.) and the internet.
- Experience with electronic databases and web-based systems is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain, evaluate, and act upon factual information.
- Ability to work alone and as a team player.
- Attendance is key to a successful scheduling department.
- Ability to sit and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Physical dexterity to perform the clerical functions which are inherent to the position, such as: data entry via computer keyboard, writing, operating a telephone, and filing
- Complete Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website