Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
The Sales Representative will support the Electrical business by direct sales activity including increasing existing sales and identifying and developing new business opportunities within an assigned territory/accounts. We're looking for somebody who is self-sufficient with an entrepreneurial approach in their work.
This position will spend at least 50% of the time outside of the office visiting clients, attending trade shows, etc.
- Sell Intertek's services within assigned vertical, account and territory through effective client research, prospecting and networking
- Meet with current and prospective customers via client presentations and participation at trade shows.
- Meet order and revenue quotas on a monthly basis
- Write and follow up on proposals, specify appropriate standards and pricing; Follow through on sales transactions to ensure a superior customer experience for every project.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Meet all activity targets and log activity in to iConnect, as required.
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1+ year(s) prior successful sales experience
- Business to business sales experience is preferred
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills.
- Must be energized and self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all clerical functions inherit to the position.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website