This position is responsible for auditing client company's quality systems, documentation and operations to determine compliance with established standards. Will write comprehensive audit reports and perform follow-up audits. May provide consultation and/or training on related quality issues and topics.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth
This is a Casual Part-Time position with a varied schedule.
- Audit client management systems for compliance with established standards, client, and/or industry requirements, government regulations, and other relevant standards, regulatory requirements for the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and/or Brazil, and/or GMP regulatory requirements related to the relevant industry.
- Audit client company's quality systems for compliance with established standards. Standards may include: ISO9000, ISO-14001, ISO-27001, ISO22301, as well as other Third Party Cert Programs, OSHA, Client Company Requirements, Industry Requirements, Governmental Regulations, etc. This list is not exhaustive.
- Assist clients with questions relevant to the audit and/or certification process.
- Review client company's quality system documentation. Address areas of non-conformity.
- Assist in coordinating activities with other assessment team members including audit check sheets.
- Verify and document evidence of compliance and non-compliance. Write comprehensive reports on the audit findings.
- Review audit results with coordinator and other assessment team members. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results when requested.
- May provide consultation and/or training both internally and externally on related quality issues/topics.
- Assist with corrective action requirements that result from the assessment of surveillance audit reports.
- Assist with technical writing and development of programs supporting the company.
- Assist with job costing and margins associated with Programs. Knowledge of margins associated with each assigned projects/programs.
- Participate in audit meetings and process.
- Follow rules of conduct and operating procedures as stated in the Intertek Employee Handbook, SC Manual, Safety Manual, and all other sources defining the performance of Intertek employees.
- Comply with internal and external safety rules, including the proper use of safety equipment, as they apply to the job.
- Manage multi-facility clientele programs, organize and oversee the assessment process in regard to assigned multi-facility clientele.
- Act as Lead Auditor or team member.
- Coordinate audit activity with team members.
- Liaison with client regarding audit activity.
- Review client's quality management system documentation.
- Prepare audit report.
- Review audit results with coordinator and other assessment team members. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results, when required.
- Assist with corrective action requirements resulting from assessments.
- Travel will include overnight/multiple days, to various worksites and client locations.
- Five years quality systems experience in a professional capacity. Prefer prior experience performing document reviews and assessing quality systems.
- Prefer Degree in Engineering, Quality, or related technical, manufacturing or industrial management systems or related field. If no Degree than require equivalent in terms of education, training and experience.
- Experience in procedural writing related to quality systems.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing and IT Infrastructure systems.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of ISO-27001, ISO-22301, InMetro or other relevant formalized quality standards systems.
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the official duties of the position.
- Ability to travel to work sites for varying duration's as job dictates.
- IRCA or RABQS Assessor Certification is a plus.
- CQA, CQE Certification is a plus.
- Successful completion of Lead Auditor training is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to view, read and comprehend a variety of reports and manuals of a technical nature, computer screen, etc.
- Physical dexterity to perform assessment functions which are inherent to the position, such as investigating all areas of client facilities which requires bending/stooping, reaching, climbing, etc.
- Mobility to travel by auto and airplane.
- Ability to be on your feet, walking, for typical full shifts of 6 - 8 hours.
- Exposure to various industrial environments.
- The ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Must be able to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- The ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- The ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website