Who we are and what we do?
For 18 years we've been driving internal cultural change through our award-winning employee communication programs. Reaching over two million employees in 22 languages and 30 countries, Intertek Catalyst engages a variety of workforces with research-driven, results-focused, designer-led creative solutions. We make sure employees have the knowledge they need to be informed, to work safely and to drive innovation and strategy to the next level.
Located in Guelph, ON, the position offers the chance to have a direct impact on the safety and engagement of employees across multiple organizations. Come join us in affecting real change in the world.What are we looking for?
The successful Project Manager candidate will apply project management skills and experience in the creative and technology industries to define and implement technical and communication solutions for our clients. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required. The Project Manager will collaborate with clients, business development and technical staff to ensure that projects are completed on time, on target and within budget.
This is a full-time contract position to cover a 15-month maternity leave.What you'll do:
- Prepare and update Project Management Plans for large projects including resources, procurement, communication, quality, risk, and schedule planning
- Execute various activities to deliver projects, such as the work plan, schedule, communication plan, management of risk and issue logs, change requests, etc
- Manage day-to-day implementation of project resources, including leading project managers, coordinators, vendors and technical resources through all phases of a project from planning through to closure
- Manage project budgets generally between $1-2M
- Receive appropriate sign-off from project sponsors and stakeholders for each project
- Act as the primary contact for all stakeholders including clients on internal and external projects
- Attend prospective customer meetings with our business development team to help define scope and work with our system designer/solutions team to cost out the solution
- Lead and contribute content to proposals
- Attend client sponsor and stakeholder project meetings
- Develop and deliver client project status reports on a weekly basis
- Contribute to the improvement of project management best practices
- Complete project lessons learned
- Some travel may be required
What you bring to the table:
- 2-5 years managing complex systems, integration projects and/or software implementations
- 1-2 years in a client-facing role
- Have strong communication skills to provide pertinent and precise information to the appropriate team (including Client, Delivery and Operations)
- Working knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to identify and define problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite products
- 3 years business analysis experience (requirements gathering and analysis)
- 2-5 years related experience in health and safety and communication industries
- Experience with business process design/workflow
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level systems and development ticketing programs
- PMP certification preferred
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Apply on company website