Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Lead to join our Building and Construction team. Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
- Assist and perform inspection work at site
- Assist with field testing at site
- Prepare reports for inspection and testing work
- In-office drafting and design utilizing AutoCAD and Revit software - preferred
- Create and maintain building construction documents
- Work with staff on major design, inspection or investigative projects
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Degree in a technical field desired, or equivalent related experience Technical knowledge of building construction, preferred
- Ability to prepare and modify CAD drawings as needed in a timely and professional manner - preferred
- Ability to work closely with staff and clients to obtain information or ensure drawing accuracy
- Ability to self-check own work for completeness and accuracy
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies.
- Assist the local office, including areas outside of Building Science Solutions.
- Good technical writing skills as well as consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Local and overnight travel as required for assigned projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to perform work from scaffolding, ladders, boom-lifts, roof levels, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, crawl, reach overhead, push, pull or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks and be comfortable in both indoor office and outdoor construction environments
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally.
- Maintain positive and strong relationships with staff members including those outside of Building Science Solutions.
- The ability to contribute positively to team morale.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience to the construction process
- The ability to quickly learn and enforce standardizations in the construction realm
- Must have complete knowledge of all test equipment, test methods, applicable specifications.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and shop drawings associated with assigned projects.
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the job.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website