Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
- Independently conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, Project Engineer must:
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test);
- Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing;
- Follow established test plan;
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed;
- Conduct thorough construction review; document results;
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, rain, radiation, sound, and laser.
- Mentor less senior technical personnel.
- Supply information for quotes such as length of project, site needed, rental equipment, samples, and standards that will be used.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
- Provide more specialized "expertise" in one product category, i.e., become reviewer, resident expert, or obtain and maintain advanced product knowledge.
- Develop and set up test plans.
- Perform field labeling jobs.
- Set up and operate standard test equipment including, but not limited to: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chamber, and articulated probes. Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
- Follow sample handling procedures, ensuring that sample is logged in and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Provide sales support such as attending client visits.
- Provide sales support by reviewing, quoting, and attending sales calls and directed by the Team Lead
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Have a working knowledge of compliance testing for energy storage systems.
- Have a working knowledge of compliance testing for photovoltaic (PV) modules, racking, tracking, and grounding components (ANSI/UL 1703, IEC/UL 61215, IEC/UL 61730, UL 2703, UL 3703, UL 467, IEC 60904, IEC 61853, IEC TS 62782)
- Have working knowledge of on-site testing for utility-scale and commercial scale performance and safety testing of PV modules.
- Perform other work as required.
- Bachelors degree in engineering required; mechanical or electrical preferred
- 0-4 years directly related experience; prefer prior project management experience
- Have a working knowledge of compliance testing for photovoltaic (PV) modules, racking, tracking, and grounding components a plus (ANSI/UL 1703, IEC/UL 61215, IEC/UL 61730, UL 2703, UL 3703, UL 467, IEC 60904, IEC 61853, IEC TS 62782)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website