PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Engineer - Contruction to join our Building and Construction team in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of assignments that include independent evaluations using standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment to make minor adoptions and modifications to these standards
- Prepares and reviews Engineering reports, project plans and specifications prepared by others
- Assigns work /tasks to staff
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services
- Reviews recommendations with Principal Consultant
- Maintains and leverages client relationships and develops new project opportunities
- Attends client site meetings
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Works on one or multiple projects at a time
- Trains Technicians and other Technical staff
- May perform on-site observations, sample collection, and specific tests
- May work both in the field and laboratory regularly
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors Science Degree from accredited engineering /ABET school. Master's degree preferred.
- 2-8 years of experience
- EIT certification required and PE preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Ability to work off shifts and overtime
- May travel up to 25% of time
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website