Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Transportation Technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
This position is under direct or general supervision, will use automotive hand tools and power tools, inspect, test, repair, rebuild and maintain all types of gasoline engines, using work procedures and technical manuals. Assists with troubleshooting engines malfunctions, makes repairs or corrections as required.
- Disassembling, inspecting, cleaning, measuring, repairing and rebuilding test engines and preparing engines for test stands.
- Performing test part cleaning and preparation prior to engine assembly.
- Measuring engine parts with precision measurement tools.
- Maintaining measurement and build records.
- Disassembling engines at end of test or at intermediate inspection points.
- Diagnosing and repairing engines and components (engines could still be hot and/ or still running.).
- Modifying engine plumbing using NPT, AN, and Swaged fittings, reading blueprints when necessary.
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures.
- High school or GED required.
- 2 years hands-on automotive mechanic experience, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, repairs and assembly/disassembly of engines or 2 years associate degree or technical diploma in automotive or mechanic field or 1 year Intertek relevant experience.
- Ability to navigate in Windows based software required
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and walk from work location to work
- Ability to be exposed to substantial noise, with appropriate hearing protection.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. LI-JC
Apply on company website