Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
This exciting position allows a new hire to be involved with materials characterization and failure analysis project work from sample preparation through data acquisition and interpretation. To be successful in this position, a candidate must possess the skills necessary to take a projects from start to finish, while also demonstrating the knowledge to assess failure mechanisms.
- Performs tasks essential for laboratory maintenance, operation and quality assurance.
- Prepares samples, standards and solutions using industry standard and in-house methods
- Performs failure analysis, microscopy, and other polymer related analysis independently
- Generates clear and concise client reports and supporting documentation
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, procedures, and regulations and performs materials characterization experiments using existing methods
- Works with junior and senior scientists/engineers to develop methods to generate new analytical protocols
- Effectively collaborates with colleagues on laboratory techniques, sample preparation, instrumentation, data analysis, documentation, and safety
- Ensures compliance of company/client SOP, protocols, safety policies, methods, or other procedures with government rules and regulations. Writes, revises and reviews SOPs related to job function
- Clearly communicates technical information and project status to clients and internally through written and oral manner.
- Experience with and knowledge of Failure Analysis, Microscopy, and polymer analysis demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance:
- B.S or M.S. in Material Science, Materials Science & Engineering or Polymer Science/Chemistry/Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Industrial laboratory experience performing light optical and scanning electron microscopy, forensic analysis and/or failure analysis of polymer materials
- Must have knowledge of thermoplastic, thermosets, and rubbers. Metals knowledge is a bonus.
- Must have fractography knowledge
- General knowledge of FTIR, Thermal Analysis (DSC, TGA, TMA), and/or GPC is preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer, optional
- Excellent organization/multitasking and project management
- Excellent teamwork ability to integrate expertise into multi-technique solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills, including data interpretation/analysis
- Ability to generate client reports and supporting documentation; Strong Analytical Writer
- Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Ability to deal with non-standardized situations in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website