Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
- Follow and enforce safety and compliance requirements and company policies.
- Manage Building Science Solutions projects within assigned region(s).
- Lead in regional business development, marketing, and sales efforts.
- Lead forensic investigation and litigation support for envelope failure projects.
- Lead building envelope commissioning projects.
- Lead technical efforts in Building Science Solutions group.
- Write and execute building enclosure commissioning plans, specifications and testing protocols.
- Meet regional financial requirements.
- Develop remedial work recommendations and plans for existing building projects.
- Prepare complete construction document packages for new and restoration projects.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports for assigned projects.
- Perform reviews of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building envelope.
- Project management, including planning, scheduling, staffing, execution, and reporting.
- Monitor and manage projects and budgets.
- Monitor contract requirements, invoicing, and maintain acceptable profit margins.
- Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team.
- Prepare proposals and develop new business.
- Lead efforts to land large opportunities.
- Local and overnight travel, as required for assigned projects and tasks.
- Participate in Building Science Solutions leadership activities, including planning, goal setting, standardization, process development, etc.
- Maintain high business and technical integrity.
- 15 years' experience in building envelope systems (preferred)
- BS in engineering/architecture, or other related degree, with MS in engineering/architecture (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of the building envelope, including wall cladding systems, curtain wall, window and door systems, waterproofing, roofing, etc., and their installation means and methods, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of building envelope test methods and standards.
- Strong knowledge of the building commissioning process.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications.
- Ability to independently perform office tasks and physical labor tasks.
- Ability to manage projects and internal project team on all sizes of projects.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, roof levels, etc.
- Extensive technical competence and ability to effectively communicate with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients, designers, contractors, etc.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to meet changing and strict deadlines.
- Experience with managing, leading, and developing staff, both technical and administrative (preferred)
- Willingness to travel as needed for business.
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD).
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website