Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits, and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
- The Automotive Lead Auditor will support the Business Assurance business by leading and/or participating as an assessor during all phases of a client's Management System (IATF 16949 and ISO 9001) in accordance with the company's accredited certification program.
- The Lead Auditor is the primary interface with the client before and during the process of all auditing activities.
- Lead Auditor will help train low graded auditors through witness audits, technical support, and education of both client and sales force as needed.
- Strong leadership and management qualities are required in addition to the technical expertise necessary to perform audit assignments.
- Lead Auditor will have extensive interaction with clients in an evaluation and audit capacity so tasks and duties shall be commensurate with the responsibilities listed below.
- This will be a full-time remote position, with frequent travel (more than 75%) to client sites required
- Manage all phases of assessments/audits and recommendations for registration.
- Plan and schedule assessments/audits and coordinate with team member(s).
- Represent the assessment team and company.
- Total evaluation of client sites, reporting non-compliance to the Certification Authority.
- Review the quality documentation, assess the system, conduct audits in order to evaluate the clients Quality Management system before or after Certification, and recommend whether Certification be granted, denied, suspended, or withdrawn.
- Hold opening and closing meetings with and provide progress updates to clients on the conduct of Pre-audit, Stage 1, Stage 2, Surveillance, Special, Re-certifications, Change of Scope, Upgrade, Transfer audits and the results of team findings.
- Explain to the client non-compliance and other infractions.
- Produce reports to be submitted to the Certification Authority Department on each audit, documenting all non-compliances.
- Help with lower tier auditor training and assist sales forces on client visits.
- Conduct assigned audits in accordance with contracted client agreements and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- 4 years of full time appropriate practical experience (including 2 years dedicated to Quality Assurance and/or Quality Management activities) within the past 15 years in an automotive manufacturing organization. Experience in industries with similar scopes of applicability (e.g., Aerospace, Telecommunications, Rail, Industrial Off-Road equipment, etc.) in chemical, electrical, or metallic commodities may be considered.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- Knowledge of automotive core tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the agreed language of the assessment/audit assignments.
- Ability to work well in an environment and react effectively in stressful situations.
- Sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex operations in broad perspective.
- Ability to obtain and assess factual information fairly.
- Must have strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to exercise effective time management in completion of assignments.
Experience in conducting internal or second party audits to ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949.
Qualified according to ISO/IEC 17021 to perform ISO 9001 audits.
Qualified by the IATF to conduct IATF 16949 audits.
Ability to travel internationally
- Must be willing to travel extensively (more than 75%).
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website