Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technician will support the Building and Construction business by conducting tests and preparing samples to be tested.
- Independently conduct tests on products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, the technician must:
- Read the test standard and understand how to operate the test equipment after training.
- Prepare the test data sheet with the sample details.
- Keep the test area clean by sweeping the floor regularly
- Prepare the sample before testing.
- Prepare the computer test program before the start of the test.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds if necessary
- Clean the test chamber after the test and dispose the tested sample.
- Prepare documents as required by the standard quality procedures.
- Prepare a test report when the workload requires extra help.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree preferred or have a strong technical aptitude.
- General computer skills and good typing skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools (Example: Electric saw )
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out test instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Must be quality driven and customer focused.
- Microsoft Office software proficiency, including Word, Excel and Outlook
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website