Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world's petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
As the Laboratory Manager, you will be required to direct, lead, and control the laboratory activities and testing services of our full service Petroleum Laboratory. This position will work business hours but will be available on off hours to provide direction as needed.
- The Lab manager will oversee Quality Management, Health, Safety,
Environmental Compliance, Legal and Ethical Compliance, and Training
- Renders to clients an accurate, rapid, and efficient testing service of
- Ensures that adequate equipment and staff are available for all jobs
- Collaborates with the Branch Manager, manages laboratory employee
performance and maintains an effective work group.
- Seeks new business and is a positive representative to clients
- Ensure that the laboratory contributes to a fair and reasonable profit for
- 8 + years of experience in the petroleum industry
- BA or BS preferred in Chemistry or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of laboratory experience
- 5 years Petroleum lab and/or Refinery experience
- Understanding of the significance of the data generated by test methods
- Experience with LIMS, industry specific Databases and MS Office
- Solid leadership experience and ability to the manage staff to achieve the
required level of quality with testing, training, safety and financial goals of
- Experience and knowledge with ICP / ICPMS (Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass
Spectrometry) and GC/GCMS (Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry)
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website