EWA-Canada, An Intertek Company, is comprised of a group of people whose collective knowledge of all aspects of cyber security is widely recognized as world-class. With over 30 years' experience, we have a client base in 20 countries around the globe. Our success is based on the significant expertise of our team and their use of a structured and vendor-neutral approach to IT security evaluation and information assurance services. Located in Ottawa, we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages and an excellent work environment.
- We are seeking experienced, technology savvy people with a strong interest in the security of software intensive, real-time systems who want to work within our IT security evaluation labs.
- We are looking to hire systems engineers and/or computer software and hardware specialists interested in the identification of security relevant design weaknesses, implementation flaws, and vulnerabilities. As a Trusted Third Party, we evaluate our client's systems and solutions to help them better provide assurance to their customers.
- The work involves being part of a team that is performing detailed security analysis of state-of-the-art networked systems, applications, and technologies including embedded real-time carrier grade telecommunications systems and traditional enterprise class systems. EWA-Canada uses the best available security evaluation methodologies to maintain our standards and competitive edge.
- Experience with decomposition of an existing software system (source-code base).
- Experience with automated static analysis of source-code, including the triage of results.
- Experience with manual review of source-code, including from a security perspective.
- Experience with build systems, especially those targetting embedded or real-time systems.
- Experience with secure software design and the identification of design weaknesses.
- Experience with secure coding practices in C/C , including knowledge of common weaknesses.
- Experience with the analysis and scoring of a vulnerability that may arise from a weakness, or set of weaknesses.
- Ideally the experience in this area would have come from work with embedded and real-time systems.
In addition to the experience above, a successful candidate should also be familiar with some of the following:
- tools for inspecting and manipulating images and binary file formats
- assembly languages (e.g. ARM, MIPS, x86_64, etc.) and the use of disassemblers
- hardware enabled roots of trust (e.g. TPM, ARM TrustZone, etc.)
- wireless access network technologies (e.g. 3GPP and WiFi) and their protocol stacks
- networking protocols (e.g. IP, UDP/TCP/SCTP, TLS, S1AP, etc.)
- use of virtual machine technologies
- use of scripting languages in Windows and Linux (e.g. CMD/shell scripting), including Python
- reading and understanding Java
- network monitoring/sniffing/scanning
- on-device inspection of network socket use and process listing
- identification of potential malware on a system
- The successful candidate will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for Top Secret clearance in Canada
- Bachelor or master's degree in Comp. Science, Engineering or other relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company, offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed with the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance plans; RRSP plan with company match; paid time off (vacation; sick holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Apply on company website