Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
In support of all company operations and facilities, the Journeyman Electrician repairs, maintains, and installs electrical systems and equipment. Reads blueprints to assist in working with electrical systems.
- Repairs, maintains and installs electrical systems and equipment
- Participates in the planning of new or modified installations.
- Inspects circuits and wiring for specified shielding, grounding and repairs or rewires system according to building codes and safety regulations.
- May replace bearings in electric motors, repair mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or electronic components.
- May act as team leader. Coordinates team activities such as work orders to ensure all work is completed.
- Perform other work as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires 8,000 hours/4 years of on-the-job training/experience.
- Requires valid Journeyman Electrician License in the State of Texas.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be thoroughly proficient in the use of tools for the electrician trade, including meg-ohm meter, volt-ohm meter, amp and volt recorders, PM meters, am probe, voltage meter, etc.
EXCEPTIONS, or ADDITIONAL DUTIES, REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS, and QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC to THIS BRANCH
- Frequent exposure to intense heat, glare and noise requiring use of personal protection devices such as earplugs, safety glasses and shoes, etc.
- Will be required to respond to off duty calls for emergency repairs and facility equipment.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website