Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Connected World team focuses on cyber security, software testing, and assurance services for network-enabled devices, such as computers, tablets, mobile devices, apps, software and wireless and connected products. The team provides services to help bring cutting-edge technology to market quickly with assurance of safety/security, quality, and performance.
Acumen Security, an Intertek Company, is a full-service security certification provider offering Consulting, Documentation Development and Laboratory Services designed to assist in certifying commercial products against regulatory cyber security standards. Our goal is to not only assist our clients in certifying their products, but to provide a seamless and cost-effective way while maintaining the integrity of the certification efforts. While adhering to industry standards, Acumen Security works effectively and efficiently to maximize our clients' Return on Investment.
Acumen Security has an immediate opening for a Project Manager-Cyber Security based in Rockville, MD.
- As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that certification projects flow smoothly through completion. This includes, handling project schedules, coordinate with staff to keep schedules up to date, and provide input when issues or delays arise. While daily interaction with the customer will not always be required;
- The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring Acumen employees project status and monitor the status of junior/senior evaluators against the project schedule. This includes verifying project percentage completion vs actual work product completeness and coordinating with senior staff to resolve any issues.
- Identify project tracking tool to be used company-wide
- Maintaining project schedules and issues status
- Ensuring evaluation staff are providing required status updates to project leads
- Assisting project leads on collecting weekly status e-mails for clients
- Attending weekly project status calls with clients and taking meeting minutes
- Identify/track project delays and ensure staff are keeping customers notified of any schedule impacting issues
- 7 years' experience working in a project management role interacting with clients on multiple projects
- Experience working with multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to document and track project statuses and issues
- Strong communication skills to handle daily interactions with team members and weekly status calls/e-mails with multiple clients on concurrent projects
- Familiarity with FIPS 140 or Common Criteria preferred
- PMP certified
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Master of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Networking, Telecommunication, other related field, or equivalent experience.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website