Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Caleb Brett: This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world's petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capability, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and them resolve difficult technical challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understand and adhere to Caleb Brett safety procedures.
· Be able to perform Sampling, gauging and inventory of shore tanks.
· Learn Intertek Inspection systems and processes.
· Provide on the job assistance and receive training from more experienced Inspectors
· To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
· To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
· To perform routine equipment calibration, verification and function checks.
· To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted in a timely manner.
· To maintain work areas, records and equipment in a clean, organized and functional condition.
· To verify and communicate the results obtained and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Must have basic grasp of basic mathematics and work in an automated environment.
· No experience required but be able to master the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
· Ability to work on an on-call basis.
· Cannot have a fear of heights.
· Ability to climb ladders and stairs for shore tanks.
· Valid Driver's License and reliable personal transportation.
· Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
· Model Intertek's 10X Energies at all times within the work place, practicing business the right way.
· Be aware of and adhere to safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines.
· Must be detailed oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload with efficient time management.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
· Physical requirements to include: Lifting, walking, standing, reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, squatting and driving.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website