- General Description of Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of General Manager – Fumigation, to render to customers commodity fumigation and inspection services which are to be performed in a timely, safe, legal, ethical, and effective manner necessary to the customers satisfaction.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Inspect and fumigate vessels, silos and containers.
- Provide clear concise reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in daily / weekly activities, inventory management, paperwork, calibration of equipment, etc.
- Fumigation equipment retrieval in various ports and commerce's.
- Maintain a professional manner while performing his/her duties.
- Support any other duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Achieve client satisfaction by maintaining production and specified turnaround targets.
- Follow all requirements according to any government regulations pertaining to fumigation services.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed (i.e. training for grain grading, lab analysis, H&S related tasks such as field risk assessments, etc.)
- Other duties related to the above, as assigned
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be legally eligible to work for an employer in Canada without sponsorship.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a vehicle and a clear driving record.
- 1 – 3 years of previous experience in a fumigating role is an asset.
- Must be willing to train and pass the Pesticide Applicator License, Confined Space Training Level 1, First Aid Level 1, WHMIS, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Must be reliable.
- Able to do significant travel within Canada.
- Able to work at heights and climb.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Apply on company website